Monday, 22 August 2016

Polka Dot Train

I haven't added to my blog for ages but have promised myself that I will try to be more active on it, so here goes!!!  
For Stampotique Design Challenge #255 - Use Polka Dot.

 I used a background of watercolour paints sprinkled with rock salt, in soft pinks and greens, for this piece and then I inked it in places to create a deeper green and to add interest. I stamped a polka dot track using distress inks and added a cut out stamped sign with a handwritten warning and some stamped flowers and swirly leaves. 
I love my Roc Nicholas Scooter girl from Stampotique Originals. She was repeat stamped, coloured with Spectrum Noir and Marvy le plume pens and then paper pieced to form the train and carriages (the chain links were drawn in with a fineliner pen). Finally 3d gloss was added to the wheels, her crown and eyes and to the flower centres, just to add a little texture.   I hope you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment