Thursday, 4 August 2011

Happy Anniversary Daughter & Son-in-Law XX

Well, today Emma and Rich have been married 4 years, 'bless them'.
I usually buy them a card but then get told off for not making one (Emma likes hand-made cards) so I've pulled out the stops and this is the one I've made for them this year.

I cut the hearts and text strip from some backing paper that I coloured myself by 'Smacking Ink on Acetate' and 'Spritzing'. I do love messing with inks! I then stamped over one of the hearts with a little 'Love' stamp adding a pearl to accentuate the heart-shaped 'O'. The colours of the cut out hearts teamed up lovely with the flowers on the strip of self adhesive edging ribbon I found left over in my ribbon box, and the ribbon teamed up perfectly with the piece of fawn pearlized paper I found in my box too. The paper wasn't quite wide enough to fit the card  so I added a couple more strips of ribbon to fill in the space, topping off the peach ribbon with a few pearls. I'm quite pleased with the end product, it's amzing what you can make with odd bits you find among your scraps. Now all I need to do is to find a nice verse.

1 comment:

  1. It's a lovely card Angie. I am sure they will be pleased with it. I Use www.quotegarden.com as the first place to look for quotes. They are well organised under headings.
    I will certainly help with linking to challenges in September if you haven't sorted it by then. It's one of those things, 'Easy once you know how'.
    Like me, you have put your 'snippets' to good use. No wonder we crafters never throw anything away. Kate x
    P.S. I believe Happy Birthday is in order for this weekend. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete