Friday, 12 August 2011

Stamps from funky foam

After being inspired by a fellow crafter last weekend, tonight I've been playing around with funky foam shapes and creating my own decorative stamps.
I cut the snail shape using my bigshot and a die that my dear friend Jo bought me for my birthday. I then put it through an embossing folder to decorate it, mounted it onto a piece of sturdy acetate (cut from a toiletry gift box) with tacky glue, and then used a glue stick to attach the acetate to a clear block. I used a versafine stamp pad to pick up the detail and stamped the image onto an ATC card. I had previously coloured the card using various colours of distress inks and a make-up sponge wedge to blend the colours ( I love making my own coloured cards for ATC backgrounds). I then used a couple of floral stamps from a stanpin'up set, and a tree and dragonfly stamps. I decided to cut the image down slightly, just enough to fit it onto a green ATC to form a frame and set off the image.
I love snails and, as I have accumulated a special album of 'Snail themed'  ATCs , I will be keeping this one for my own collection.

I used the same idea for the 2 elephant ATCs but this time I used pre-cut adhesive backed foam animal shapes that I bought for the grandchildren to craft with, which I also put through an embossing folder. I'm chuffed with the results and so going to have a play with some other shapes tomorrow.

Thursday, 4 August 2011

Happy Anniversary Daughter & Son-in-Law XX

Well, today Emma and Rich have been married 4 years, 'bless them'.
I usually buy them a card but then get told off for not making one (Emma likes hand-made cards) so I've pulled out the stops and this is the one I've made for them this year.

I cut the hearts and text strip from some backing paper that I coloured myself by 'Smacking Ink on Acetate' and 'Spritzing'. I do love messing with inks! I then stamped over one of the hearts with a little 'Love' stamp adding a pearl to accentuate the heart-shaped 'O'. The colours of the cut out hearts teamed up lovely with the flowers on the strip of self adhesive edging ribbon I found left over in my ribbon box, and the ribbon teamed up perfectly with the piece of fawn pearlized paper I found in my box too. The paper wasn't quite wide enough to fit the card  so I added a couple more strips of ribbon to fill in the space, topping off the peach ribbon with a few pearls. I'm quite pleased with the end product, it's amzing what you can make with odd bits you find among your scraps. Now all I need to do is to find a nice verse.